One of the most important rooms in the house is the bathroom without question. The old outdated bathtub enclosures are usually the first to be changed when you are ready to have a change in your bathroom. Cracked or covered in dirt or mold the enclosure might be made from old tiles. You are on a budget the acrylic wall surround is your best bet although you are looking for a new bathroom look. However you can choose from other materials. Covering the pros and cons of each of the material this article explores the different bathtub enclosure materials.
Solid Surface and Premium composites
A look that is more realistic to tiles and the texture patterns is offered by all the materials the premium composite. From quartz to marble they come in a large selection of style. They come with a lifetime warranty and have a life span of more than 30 years. Using glue or screws and clips they are mount directly.
• Chip and Scratch resistant
• Over 30 years of extended life span
• Scratches and chips can be repaired
• It is very hard to cut the material
• It is the most expensive
• Before mounting there should be a motor bed under the tub.
A durable surface that is relatively chip and scratch resistant is offered by units made from fiber glass. Between 15 to 20 years of service they have a projected lifespan of anywhere. Using screws or clips provided by the manufacturer, most of the units are usually mounted directly. To a clean and smooth surface some few can be glued on.
• Making it affordable they are fairly priced
• They are easy to install
• Light scratches can be repaired easily
If you are on a budget they are the cheapest and they’re the lowest priced. When you have a moisture resistant dry wall they work perfectly. To get added features such as molded shelves and tile patterns you can spend a little extra if you have a little more money in your budget. Making them flimsy the material they are made from is thin. To make them stiffer for a little extra you can get one that has fiber glass reinforcement on the shelves.
• If you are on a tight budget they are low cost making them best
• At any home center you can readily find them
• They are easy to drill and cut through
• Easily the material chips and scratches
• Scratches and chips cannot be repaired
• Reducing shower space it comes with back shelves
The bathtub enclosures are all priced differently and come in different materials. Before deciding on which is the best to purchase on a given budget special consideration should be used.